Sunday, November 27, 2011

A journey

So here we are on the first Sunday in Advent when we start this annual great and mysterious journey towards the light. A good time to set off on travels, wouldn't you say?

Yes, it's true.  I'm about to set off for a couple of weeks in South Africa to have what our elder daughter once told her kindergarten teacher was 'a short night off'. The nights will indeed be shorter, down there in the summer hemisphere as their summer solstice approaches. For me, I'll be visiting childhood, young adult and later adult haunts and reconnecting with family and some special friends. And doing some writing and taking a ton of photographs as well as some video.

But I've decided not to lug my laptop along with me.

After that it will likely be helter-skelter into Christmas for, so it's unlikely that I'll manage to post again before early January.

I wish you all a blessed Adventide.