Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The thrill of a new skill

Well, 'skill' may be pushing it folks, but nevertheless... It's a delight to realize you can do something unexpected and unexpectedly well. At least, that's the feedback I got from my writing partner.

This is something I've discovered recently when I've been 'designing' websites. I doubt the end result would have been much good without my Mac and iWeb because they really do 'get' design, and the templates have been a huge help. They're very flexible too.

The thing was, I needed to get a website up for my forthcoming novel 'Cape Town', but had no spare funds to pay the calibre of web designer I'd want. So 'do it yourself' it had to be. At first I struggled, but step by step I got into it and realized... I was thoroughly enjoying myself!

How about that! At my age! The world is truly a wonderful place to be in.

And if you'd care to take a look, here's the url: http://www.brendahammond.ca