Sunday, July 31, 2011

The water rush

My sons and daughters-in-law get this from kiteboarding. Me, I get it from my water pic.

I bought one recently at the suggestion of my dental hygienist (yes, I'd asked). It took some getting used to, I can tell you. At first I felt as if I were giving the whole bathroom sink and vanity a shower, not to mention the mirror behind which needed wiping every time. But now I'm loving the fresh feeling the it brings. I don't think I've had so much rushing water in my mouth since the time I tried water-skiing.

That was far away and long ago. In the Knysna lagoon, actually, while I was still at university. Despite leg muscles made strong through ballet, I never actually managed to get up on the skis. Now, the lagoon is tidal, but I'm sure the level went down because I swallowed so much water. Ah well, I was never the sporty type.

Although, talking of the lagoon, I've done quite a bit of sailing on it. The surroundings are surely some of the most beautiful in the world, but the lagoon has shifting sands and channels. And so I once had the opportunity to push a small yacht over many a sandbank. Maybe I should rather have persevered with the waterskiing in order to be on top of the water instead of trudging through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment