Monday, July 11, 2011

Bumper and Trunk messages

Okay, it's summer, so I'm in the mood for a couple of lighter posts.

I've always been interested, and sometimes amused by vanity plates. Every now and then a new one comes my way, like last evening, when I was riding my bike around the neighbourhood and spotted one that proclaimed '3LETS'. Ooooo how glad I am that I only had to deal with one baby at a time, although as a child I thought twins might be fun.

Anyhow, travelling around recently it struck me that there's a growing trend to 'message' the rear of your car, van, SUV or whatever. Have you noticed? Maybe it started with the 'baby on board' and the pink ribbon against cancer. Later came the yellow one and then various statements such as dog paw decals and outlines of two adults and their kids. Others proclaim some kind of affiliation. There was one, however, that truly baffled me. This looked like domino spots on each side of the car, just above the rear lights. There were a couple that went vertical, and some were horizontal. Huh??

This morning a bumper sticker came my way that I actually related to. It stated, 'I love my grandogs'! Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment