Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The sandal scandal

My sandals are all in a sad state and my soul is not happy about having to look for new ones. My bank balance won't be either. 

The trouble is these new soles -- or are they uppers? What I mean is, the part of the shoe that your foot actually rests on. This has been cushioned in the last couple of pairs I bought, and at first that was great. But what I've discovered is, these soles act like mattresses. i.e. after a while there's too much imprint from the body (in this case, feet) and they become too soft and therefore uncomfortable.

Sigh. A visit downtown has to be on the cards, even if we are in the midst of a heatwave.

Meanwhile, you'll never believe what I'm wearing. It's a sandal that's still available today, but I've had mine since... wait for it... the early 'Sixties!! They're the Scholls wooden shaped sole with an adjustable leather strap over the toes. Works for me. At least, in the house and garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment