Thursday, July 7, 2011

Group buying

For some time now I've been a member of one of those companies who offer a special deal every day, usually a 50% off some service, product or restaurant meal. Not so long ago I read a humourous essay about some of the unlikely services offered. Nevertheless, I have to say there've been a few I've been happy to take up.

But I'm starting to have mixed feelings about the whole deal. Yes, I can see the business advantage in making more people aware of your company/restaurant/spa services or whatever. However, when I actually go and take advantage of the deal I feel somehow... a little bit mean, as if by paying less I'm not acknowledging the true value of what I'm receiving.

So I'll probably go on buying occasionally. And meanwhile, my car is going to be extremely happy (not to mention surprised!) to be cleaned and detailed next Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment