Friday, July 29, 2011

Getting rid of garbage

Friday mornings is garbage collection in our neighbourhood. My husband gets up early and wheels the bin to the road, then takes out the recycling after seeing whether it's paper or glass, plastic and cans. That's okay for distribution of chores, I reckon, seeing as I clean the toilets.

This morning I was kind of marvelling how good it feels to get the garbage out of the house and disposed of. It's like a small burden lifts. Clearing out stuff works too on a grander scale but takes more effort. Plus, you have to deal with it yourself rather than leaving it to those sneezing-brake trucks.

Today however, I'm going to do some clearing out of the garbage on my computer. I've just sent off a requested submission to an editor (hold big thumbs, folks!) and now I can drag those unnecessary old files into the trash. Then the folder won't be quite so crowded. Hopefully this will also bring good energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment