Thursday, April 14, 2011

This day in my life

On this day three years ago, my beloved mother passed over. It was exactly a month before her ninety-eighth birthday. She'd wished to go with my father, but the heavenly world decreed otherwise because she still had a couple more years to go. At first that was really hard for her, but afterwards, as with so much in life, she accepted her fate with calm grace.

One of the things she loved to do during her later years was to watch cricket and tennis on TV. In particular, she was an Andre Agassi fan. So last night at the library bus, what did I find my hand reaching for? Yes, it was 'Open', Agassi's autobiography.

Sometimes I still feel her warm and loving presence, although she doesn't visit me in my dreams as my dad occasionally does. Today I will light a candle and spend a few moments being grateful for all she meant to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment