Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Time away

Yes, I had a long weekend away from home, back in the big(ger) city. We were invited to a wedding, and this gave me the opportunity to connect for a brief while with the life I left behind three years ago.

Of course, at times like this, there's always nostalgia for how things were, but meeting old friends again, travelling familiar streets also brought a refreshed recognition and gratitude for all I was privileged enough to experience during those years. It's true that you can't go back. Perhaps 'going back' is not important. What may be more significant is the chance to look back in a more objective way than I was able to do when I was caught in the thick of it.

The wedding itself was beautiful, and I mean that on many levels. The bride was Japanese and truly exquisite. She and the groom looked so happy and that glow spread over all the guests. The flowers too were simply a joy to behold and clearly they were carefully chosen and everything consciously and artistically coordinated.

So I returned home on Sunday feeling very full. And now? Well, catching up is hard to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment