Saturday, November 27, 2010

so not a princess!

(and there's absolutely no sub text to this post)

I was making the bed this morning and our bed equals layers. First of all, the frame is a wooden one, built by my husband. Then we have a 5 inch latex mattress, bought on sale at Ikea buy me and wrestled into the trunk of our old Jetta. My husband still remarks he doesn't know how I did that!

Because I found this a little to hard to sleep well on, we added a foam comfort layer. And lastly, when my arthritic hip started to play up, we added a feather bed... bliss, in this colder weather.

The latter needs a good shake every morning, which reminds me of Mother Holle (particularly apt for our present snow). Today, however, I happened to lift up the foam layer as well and found there..., a hedgehog!!! Actually, this is a wooden apparatus for massage. One side has four rolling balls and it's good for easing tense shoulders and backs. I can only suppose the littlest grandson slid it under there when I wasn't looking.

I had no idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment