Saturday, March 15, 2014

I'm glad I'm not an art director.

We're selling our house. And yes, the 'stager' came and gave us a consultation. Actually, a very lovely lady and she made excellent suggestions. The only trouble is, I'm now feeling like an old Flanders And Swann song, 'We're terribly House and Garden at number 7B'. Years ago we saw their witty show in London (whatever happened to witty? Do we find it anywhere today? Just asking...)

I tried to find this song on youtube, but you can only listen to it here, at around the 6 mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCdshepGguI. The first ditty was certainly apt during the years we lived in London, so you might enjoy giving that a listen as well.

Anyhow, the punch line of the first mentioned song is: 'We actually live at number 7A, In the house next door!'

Not that we live with our neighbours, friendly though they are. It's simply that our house looks as if no-one lives here and that feels kind of weird. Also, I kind of resent putting energy into making everything look 'just so', and the weird thing is, the more I do it, the more details I notice that need attending to. Fiddling can take up quite a bit of time, but let's hope that'll all be worth it in the end.

Excuse me now, I'm off to straighten, maybe even comb, the fringe of that rug over there...

No comments:

Post a Comment