Monday, March 3, 2014

Benefit and blessing of being in the third age

These days, most days, I enjoy the luxury of waking up slowly. That is, I don't have to spring out of bed and get ready for the day job. In fact, I find my writing day can be inspired by thoughts and insights that come to me after I've enjoyed my early-morning cup of tea -- courtesy of my beloved husband.

But apart from musings, sometimes songs and music come to mind. For instance, when I was still half asleep this morning, I got 'Beyond the blue horizon'. And yes, the dawn sky was indeed blue, with a touch of pink to blush it up a bit.

Later, as I gazed out the window at the bare branches of the maple tree, what floated into my mind was 'The Rustle of Spring' by Christian Sinding... although I hadn't registered that the branches were swaying slightly.

Take a listen:

Daniel Sabbah plays Sinding Rustle of spring - YouTube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-StHeHGyakY

Where that came from, I have no idea. It zoomed me back into my childhood. In those days, many of our friends had pianos, and this was a popular piece to play. I'm sure my cousin Pam used to play it for me so I could dance around, improvising. It was a popular piece for ballet. I saw it at an eistedfodd I took part in once. No, I didn't win. I did, however, enjoying being a 'firefly', and specially loved my short tutu, orange, and shot through with gold threads!

So I'm wondering, is it just me? And where and why do these bits of music come into my mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment