Sunday, March 23, 2014

Consider the lilies.

As you may know, we are in the process of selling our house and downsizing. This means taking the opportunity to get rid of as much as we can. It's easy to take things to the charity shops, but we'd also like to sell some stuff.

On the other hand, when people come to view our property, we have to be out.

So it happened that yesterday afternoon we went to a cafe not too far away for coffee and to pass the time. I picked up the March 2014 copy of 'O' magazine and, ta daa, lo and behold, it was all about decluttering! Not only that, but it mentioned some websites that are sure to be useful. It's so nice when help comes from unexpected sources. Gratitude, yeah.

Having our home in top shape for viewing has also meant that we made some changes. We used to have a mirror in our bedroom which is now hanging in the hall. I can't tell you how many times I've turned to the wall to check if I look okay and if my hair's tidy (thanks Dad). Instead I find myself staring at the painting of my eighteen-year-old self. I can tell you, it's a shock. But I'm sure it'll happen again tomorrow or the next day, 'cos habit is a very very very strong thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment