Monday, June 13, 2011

Flower Festival

Yesterday was Whitsun, a festival of flowers. With it comes the thought that the soul is like a flower, or maybe that we see some kind of reflection of soul in a flower. I helped to create a simple event where we all brought a bloom to contribute to a bouquet (oops, alliteration is running away with me!). Although June for me means roses, our lone bush has only buds on it at present, and so I went, instead with the other flower that signals this time of year for me: peonies. So pretty they are too.

Last week was busy and it was hard to make space for something extra. And yet, if I don't make the effort to highlight the seasons of the year, time passes by me in a blur. I'll be glad to have something in June to remember when I do what I've recently started to do on the 31st December -- that is, take my art calendar off the wall and page back through the months in the reverse direction. I try to remember at least something that happened in each month. You'd think it would be easy, but sometimes... not.

This is not so much to bring closure as to bring more consciousness, to gather the harvest so that the future can more readily come towards me.

No comments:

Post a Comment