Thursday, October 16, 2008

Shine on

What's this? So many posts? Well, it's because, having recently finished those two long-term writing projects, I'm now in a different creative space.

Did you see the moon last night, or the night before, or the one before that? Yes, it's the Harvest Moon that's been shining. Before coming to North America I had no idea what that was, although I used to happily sing "Shine on, shine on harvest moon," along with my Dad. Now I have the opportunity to experience it shining in all its autumn glory. Twice I've seen it through a buttermilk sky, those mottled clouds that the silvery disc peeps through. Quite spectacular. If you haven't had a chance to look up at the heavens these last evenings, why not take a minute or two tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment