Saturday, October 18, 2008

Chain mail

I received another of those this morning. You know, some nice sentiments, even true ones about who comes into your life, for how long and what purpose these friends may serve. And then comes the demand to send this on a.s.a.p. to seven others and then, ta da... something good and surprising will happen to you (me). In this case, even a precise time is given! 10.27 a.m. to be exact.

What do I do in such a case? Forward it back to the sender, as requested -- well, usually anyhow -- but I don't send it on. I'm grateful that this particular chain mail didn't contain any hint of a threat, as some do.

So, I'm wondering what lies behind this phenomenon. Mulling it over, a theory came to me. Perhaps we human beings carry a deep, mostly hidden longing for proof that a spiritual world exists and that it can work into and manifest in our earthly world.

No comments:

Post a Comment