Thursday, October 6, 2011

Steve Jobs + 56

When I open Safari, I'm on the www.Apple page because I haven't changed that to anything else. So I'm looking at the photo of Steve Jobs. More, I'm connecting with his direct, penetrating gaze.

Biographies fascinate me. In particular, I'm always on the look out for significant happenings that have to do with our seven-year life periods. What's striking here is that Steve Jobs died at the end of the 47 to 56 period, a time that for very many people is the most productive of their lives.

On a personal note, these were the years when I was mostly free of mothering obligations and had time to myself. I'm grateful that the grandchildren waited a while before putting in their appearance, because this gave me the chance to take up writing in a serious way. Creative writing, for me at any rate, demands peace and quiet, although I'm allowed to interrupt myself!

And just as the man said, I've slowly been seduced into the techy world of computers. Mine have always been Macs, and I'm grateful for the fact that entering this world was less painful because of this. Plus, I'm a firm believer and upholder of the importance and life-enhancing ability of good design.

And on another note, when I typed that +, a question rose. Do Buddhists also die in Christ? I imagine that they do.