Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Paul McCartney marries again

You know, I think that's wonderfully affirming. Hopefully, one of these days my novel with this theme of why get married will see the light of day.

And I loved reading that he sang 'Let It Be' to his Nancy. Again, this song has something affirming about it, and comforting too. In fact, I'd say it's the one I sing most often. The later songs are not so familiar to me, as the Beatles were banned in South Africa, having been labelled as blasphemous.

What do you think about that?

In those Beatle days of mine in London, people used to ask 'Who's your favourite?' I confess mine was always Paul. Not that I didn't admire John and the others to some extent. Even though we frequented the same neighbourhood, I never saw any of them. But the wedding in Marylebone where we used to live brought back many happy memories. Yes, in the autumn of my life, I'm grateful for all the richness and variedness of my experiences.