Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Autumn and Vivaldi

Truth to tell, I'd never heard or connected much with Vivaldi until we came to North America. That was around this time of year. Because my husband was on business, we stayed at classy hotels where 'Autumn' was piped into all the foyers and public areas.

So now, yes, I find Vivaldi's music playing in my head each fall, enhancing my experience of glowing colours. And it's invariably on the radio. So we identify. But I was wondering what autumn was like in Italy for Vivaldi. Each country and continent, each state and province has it's own atmosphere, so it wouldn't be at all the same as here. I've been in Venice in winter, in Florence and Tuscany and Rome in summer (the latter, not such a good idea!)

But truly, for the epitome of an autumn experience, I'd say nothing can surpass where I am right here and now.