Saturday, September 17, 2011

This and that

This morning I put my T-shirt on back to front and I thought 'I wonder what my mom would have said about that?' If you put a garment on inside out, she'd say you'd be getting a letter. Well, I guess these days most of us get plenty of letters via email but very few actually in the post. Another thing which I think I've mentioned before... if you cut your nails before noon on Monday, you'd get a present. Hmm. Did so last week. I'm still waiting.

One of my emails this morning had the subject line: So long, summer. Can't avoid that truth, but it struck me a while ago that this is a strange way of saying 'good-bye'. I mean, so long what? Till I see you again? You've already had all you're going to get this time around? And yet the sounds and casual way we use this doesn't convey negativity to me. It feels more positive. I guess I can live with  'okay, till the next time'.