Friday, September 23, 2011

Oops, I wuz wrong.

Apparently, the equinox only happened yesterday, not on the 21st. A friend who's more up on astronomy than I am put me right. But I have to confess, astronomy is not one of my strong suits. Neither is ornithology, for that matter.

With both of these, I struggle to learn and understand. I'm better with birds these days, maybe because there's not so much of a variety where we live, but generally I have a hard time remembering their names. So I make an effort, but soon, like whatever I've learned in between about movements of the planets and so on, I forget again. Which is frustrating.

But I suppose our souls have their own inclinations as to what we grasp easily and what's more difficult. Who know whence these come? Only someone with a profound knowledge and insight into karma, I imagine. And that's not really me. Not yet, anyhow. :-)