Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tea bags and cake pan lining

Hah, I bet you're wondering how I'm going to link those two together. It's quite simple: Circles!!

The thing is, this morning I've already made two pots of tea. The first was Freshpak rooibos, imported from South Africa and not sold at the exorbitant price some is these days. The second was Waitrose Earl Grey which is china and not ceylon tea (and therefore unusual these days). The latter, thanks to dear daughter who always finds room in her suitcase for boxes for us all. Both of these come as square tea bags. Which makes sense.

What doesn't make sense to me is why so many tea bags are round. I mean, when you cut circles of wax or parchment paper to line your cake pans, you have a lot of waste, don't you. Not so much if you use a square pan.

I suppose it has to do with everything having to be new or renewed or the manufacturers lose market share. That doesn't say a lot for us, but I guess it's human nature. It's the same with web sites. They need to be refreshed and have new content or interest fades. So right now I'm gearing up to make an effort with mine. i.e. fix up the existing non-fiction, and get a new one for my to-be-published-in-a-year novel! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment