Friday, January 14, 2011

Found one! A New Year resolution, that is

I have to confess, I haven't as yet put much thought into what I need to resolve for this year. However, this morning, something came to me, alighting in my mind just like that butterfly, the one that flutters by.

I was busy with a soft eye-pencil, lining the top lid of one eye, and I thought, 'Oh, I should try my agent again.' Yes, I'd been trying to reach her but the line was engaged. But then I thought, 'Come on, Brenda, finish this activity first!'

I'm happy to report I didn't walk around with one eye lined. Instead I completed my make up and then picked up the phone. With good, reinforcing results, because there she was, on the line.

The thing is, I'm inclined to be sanguine when it comes to small tasks like that. I suppose my mind wanders. Often I'll be in the midst of making the bed, for instance, when something will pop into my head and off I'll go... So I think this is a good, simple resolution for me, and one that will be strengthening.

No comments:

Post a Comment