Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas music

I have to confess, now and then over the past week I've heard the Chipmunks singing in my mind: 'Christmas, Christmas time is here'. Fortunately, though, other music soon comes in to replace their chirpy chorus. This morning I was listening to 'Espace Musique' - a Newfoundland and Labrador children's chorus from an album 3 NOELS, CAROL-SINGING SEA - and I thought how lucky we are to have such an abundance of seasonal music within easy access in our homes. That, of course, is thanks to modern technology. So I can immerse myself in the sounds of the old and the new, of the whole range from classical to pop and everything in between... whenever and whatever I like, whatever the mood.

It seems to me we have much more Christmas music and song than when I was a child, teenager and young woman. Maybe, as so often today, we almost have too many choices. Still, I can choose. And when I've had enough, I can switch off. (unless it's those pesky Chipmunks sneaking into my head of course!)

No comments:

Post a Comment