Sunday, September 5, 2010

This time of the year

This is what I call the Theresa time of year because I tend to find myself singing 'The summer is over, Theresa.'

Yes, my head is crammed full of old pop songs, going right back to the old ones my Dad used to sing. Some of these were silly, like 'Yes! We have no bananas!' I think I inherited the ability to remember the words from him. What a pity I didn't rather inherit his ability to memorize poems!

However, one of my best remembered images of him has to do with the last time he went out before he died at the age of 97. He got himself ready and shuffled down the long passage from his bedroom singing 'On the Sunny Side of the Street.' In a way, this summed up his life-philosophy and showed his courage and indomitable spirit. Although his name was Fergus, his close family members always called him 'Sonny'. I think the sound of that was appropriate.

Anyhow, now that the summer stupor is fading and I'm beginning to feel the new energy that crisp mornings and cooler nights bring, I'm ready to pick up the blog again. Right now, my intention is to get to it more regularly. Time will tell, folks!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are "back on it!" I look forward to reading your thoughts and musings!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete