Sunday, November 2, 2008

From Friday to Sunday

Have you noticed the change over these three days? It's been quite an amazing transition, I think.

We had that particular Halloween atmosphere of spookiness edged with a certain scary excitement. I find a kind of greyness hangs over that night. And then, All Souls Day yesterday and this morning All Saints Day. Quite a journey, more so than usual, I found. Maybe it's to do with the Friday, Saturday, Sunday progression.

I looked out early at the lightening sky, admiring the yellow-tinged dawn as it changed to cerulean blue, and saw, more to the west, a haze of lavender. And as I looked, a plane rose high drawing a line of white vertically into the heavens. Below it, a bird flapped, flying across from east towards the north. I think it was a crow.

So I hoped my thoughts would soar heavenward and that I wouldn't flap around too much but rather take the time to savour Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment