Sunday, November 9, 2008

the quirks of grapes

Last week I bought a packet of muscat grapes, yellowish brown, and with pips. In South Africa we used to wait all summer for the most delicious grapes of the year, what we call Hanepoot, but actually the same variety. So that's the experience I was hoping to recapture. I have to confess I was a little disappointed in the taste, but thought the grapes would be good for breakfast.

News flash... grapes with seeds are not good to eat with granola. Now I appreciate the fact that we have seedless grapes.

When I was a child, I remember a friend of mine warning me not to eat grape pips. If I did, vines would start growing out of my ears. I was pretty sceptical about this, but what a picture!

And these days, it seems, we have quite a different view. Grape seed oil, so I believe, is good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment