Tuesday, August 19, 2008

the darkest storm

We had a cloudburst, lightning type of summer storm yesterday. I was in the car, transporting my dear friend who's visiting from her Cape ostrich farm, back to her son and daughter-in-law's. The rain was so heavy we couldn't see the buildings on the side of the freeway. At home, my dear husband was cooking in anticipation of receiving some dinner guests. At four in the afternoon, it was as dark as 8.30 or 9 at night and he was forced to light some candles. Even he, who loves thunderstorms, said it was quite scary. Although, interestingly enough, there wasn't much thunder.

This morning I've been out of order. First of all, I managed to pull down the curtain rod in the guest bedroom. Then I disengaged the plug from the bath while cleaning. And, to add insult to injury, my computer wouldn't print, neither would my emails send. Not all of this could be blamed on the storm. How lucky that my dh was able to solve all my problems!

On a different topic, I mean to add a couple of things to my post on texting etc. I'm interested in the abbreviations that have become common currency on emails. I'm talking about things like LOL, which, to me at any rate, means almost a smile rather than laugh-out-loud. And what about visiting my d-i-l when I'm her m-i-l? Will I soon be calling my daughter in law my dear Dill??

No comments:

Post a Comment