Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Moon in the morning

This morning I opened my curtain and saw a beautiful sight -- the cradle moon, a little creamy and directly above it, Venus twinkling as brightly as any aircraft headlights. The sky itself had just lightened the perfect amount so that the darkness had turned translucent, a perfect Prussian blue setting for the two jewels of the sky.

When I fly at night I always make sure to lift the window screen from time to time to check out what's going on in the heavens. I mean, how incredible is it that we can be up there, above the earth? One time during the day I was on a flight east. Next to me sat a little boy of five. He looked out over me at the bumpy spread of white below and said in a hushed tone, 'See the angels dancing on the clouds.'

No comments:

Post a Comment