Thursday, September 13, 2007

still in transition

"We don't do this as easily as we used to," I commented to the dear husband with a sigh. He agreed. We can console ourselves with the knowledge that moving to another place is rated high on the stress scale, but I know that our difficulties come partly because we're older than we were. (Ahem).

On the other hand, I'm aware that aging provides a certain compensation because I experience the world in a richer way than ever before.

Still, it's been hard, leaving a beloved and beautiful home and garden, extricating ourselves from our community, saying 'good-bye' to loved and valued friends, not to mention critique partners.
How many times did I think "we must be crazy??"

So, transitions are tough. But now the packing up's behind us and we can draw breath. It seems to me it's only once a decision is acted on and accomplished that it's possible to assess and know whether what you've done was right... or not. Even though we haven't moved into our new home yet, things are feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment