Friday, September 14, 2007

serendipitous gifts

Well, I didn't really expect the government of Canada to change its plans to accommodate me and my dear husband. But I'm happy it did, anyhow. Thank you.

The thing was, our temporary condo pied a terre was a sublet from an out-of-town member of parliament. This meant we were looking at a two weeks discrepancy between moving out of there and into our new home, and would have had to cram into our son and daughter-in-law's townhouse -- potentially not good for maintaining happy family relations. So now we can stay put till the end of the month and enjoy downtown living for a little longer.

Meanwhile, being with the little person carries the perq (among many others) of allowing myself plenty of outdoor time -- especially on these lovely still, sunny autumn days. Spring in South Africa brought very similar weather fyi.

In the garden sunflowers, self-seeded, are blooming. And yesterday they gave me a simple little poem. Here it is:

I could swear
I could see
A sunflower
Smiling
At me

No comments:

Post a Comment