Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Fashion descriptions

Dear blog,

Many apologies for the lack of posts. See, I've been moving house. It's been a huge upheaval (but good in the end) and I'll write more soon. The thing is, it's not that I haven't had ideas and words fluttering through my head, but rather haven't found the moment to actually sit down at my computer. In fact, in general over the last two months, computer work has been minimal.

Anyhow, on the lighter side, today I'm wearing a new pair of red cropped pants... what I would have called trousers before moving to North America. Of course red pants were more of a thing a couple of summers ago, but hey, they look cheerful and fit well. As is fairly usual for me, I bought them on sale at the end of the last season.

These pants reach to a couple of inches above my ankle, so you might call them cropped. Which set me thinking how the fashion world changes its descriptions over the years. A bit-below-the-knees once upon a time might be called clam diggers (are they still??) or pedal pushers. I must confess, I rather like the latter term especially as the day is warm, the wind minimal, and I'm going to take time out now for a bit of a bike ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment