Monday, May 31, 2010

A special day

Memorial day in the U.S., I know. And today, our daughter-in-law's brother is getting married.

I hope it will be auspicious for the couple because today, the 31st May, was my parents' wedding anniversary. They were married for sixty years, the first of those, when my dad was away up north in the Second World War, had to be 'the worse' part of 'for better or worse'. Although they had many struggles to face, after that they were always together in the best and largest sense of the word... Despite my previous post. It was when I was away at boarding school and for the first time realized how many of my fellow students came from difficult home environments or even broken homes, that I began to appreciate how deeply fortunate I and my younger brother were to have parents who loved each other and got on well together.

Just so you know... yesterday I wore blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment