Thursday, October 1, 2009

I can't resist sharing this! Plus, October 15 is Blog action day

Well, Tuesday evening we were heading to a potluck celebration for Michaelmas Day. The radio was playing jazz, someone on alto sax with a tune I knew, but could only remember part of the title, which was, La la la and Roses. So I'm trying to think of flowers of three syllables, marigolds, hollyhocks, and so on. My dear husband's contribution was... chrysanthemum!

Anyhow, I wasn't getting much further when we came to a stop sign. We waited while a woman who was obviously walking home after a day at work, having got off the bus, crossed the road in front of us. She was wearing a short skirt with sheer grey stockings, and they were embellished with dots the size of a quarter, at least. With my gaze fixed on that unusual legwear, behold, the missing word came to me.

Polka dots!!! Yes, polka dots and roses. Not another flower at all.

Hmm. I'm not sure what to make of this, but there you have it.

And I'll be blogging on the 15th about climate change, which is this chosen subject for this years' Blog Action Day.

See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment