Friday, May 30, 2008

Done lists

The trouble with what flutters by is that my thoughts get no further than my head! Apologies!

But before I get onto the subject of this post let me tell you the happy news. Our new grandchild has arrived! Babies surely have their own agendas because he took us by surprise and was born at home. Lovely for us all, and especially for the firstborn.

Like most of us, I suppose, I have my 'to do' list, and often items get transferred again and again which can be discouraging. Makes me feel I never quite catch up with myself... probably true! Ticking off or crossing out what I've actually managed to get done doesn't give me much of a sense of achievement or satisfaction, so I've decided to run another list alongside. This will be my 'done' list. I'll write what I've done on this, even if the item is as mundane as having done the laundry, for instance. It's too easy to overlook the little things that actually contribute to our living every day and my energy is better when I can acknowledge that I haven't exactly lain around in sloth all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment