Friday, March 21, 2008

Pondering

This has been a strange, subdued week; fitting, I suppose for the time when we ponder the events that took place in the Holy Land over two thousand years ago. Much of what happened then went unnoticed by 'the world'.

But now, in our time, something else is happening to claim our attention and our sympathy. These are the events in Tibet. The Dalai Lama has become such a revered figure of spirituality for so many people, and he is surely suffering greatly.

So it seems somewhat out of kilter that I'm packing my bag to fly off for a week's vacation. Still, I'll be glad of the break. As Good Friday turns to Easter Saturday and then Sunday, I'll think about how, for me, Easter is a festival of the morning. I'll get up in time to celebrate the dawn and take a little walk by the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment