Sunday, February 3, 2008

too long no post

Uh oh, apologies, dear Readers. I slid slowly through January or, more like, trudged through it. Yeah, we had lots of snow so that's my excuse. I did actually handwrite some thoughts, and I'd type them out... if I could only find that particular notebook!

Anyhow, I'm going Chinese now and will take February for a good start. As a snake, I'm going to take hold of the Year of the Rat, swallow it, and plan to post once a weekend.

Meantime, faute de mieux, here's a poem for you to take or leave.

Spring is still seven snow fields away
while ice-cutting winter light
slices through the cramping windows
like cross-country ski trails
forging freely across the white
breathing the miracle of pale azure air
and blood pumping with exhilaration.

No comments:

Post a Comment