Friday, October 26, 2007

I'm a pumpkin

Halloween season is upon us again, already. Like Christmastime, it seems to have stretched way beyond its previous bounds, in this case, 31st October. I have to confess that, even after fourteen years in North America, this is a tradition I still haven't managed to get into the spirit of. That's why I'm a pumpkin.

After last Halloween I resolved to go with it, but I'm afraid I'm dragging my feet. Which may be a good way to go. I could imitate a friend of mine who would don a dark cloak with a coal, hitch a makeshift scythe over his shoulder and go around muttering something ominous.

So, no costume party for me. No ghoulish decorations, although I once had visions of some kind of spider contraption that would swing down when someone rat-tatted at my door. Plus a few cobwebs.

Maybe I'll aim for the spider next year, and at least buy a pumpkin to test out my carving skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment