Friday, October 5, 2007

Holiday

Here we go, into the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. To me it's wonderful that it's celebrated as a harvest festival, and I'm always moved by the efforts made towards this, like suitable wreaths of golden leaves on front doors, sheaves of dried wheat stalks decorating the outdoor patio of a neighbourhood bar and grill. Nice.

But the butterfly wanted to write about something else.

There are only a couple of blogs that I read regularly, probably because I haven't found, or searched for, other compatible ones. But Michelle Rowen always gives me a kick. I love the way she expresses herself. She's away on 'vacay' at the moment, which got me thinking... We used to shorten words like 'vacation' into one syllable i.e. 'vac'. 'Fabulous' became 'fab' instead of the current 'fabu'. Interesting eh? I wonder why we used to go for one syllable and now we like two??

I have no theories, just the question today.

No comments:

Post a Comment