Wednesday, September 4, 2013

What to wear?

This morning I spent some time and energy on thinking about what to wear. Yes, the weather is changing, so the clothes I've been flinging on are no longer the obvious choices. In general, when it comes to deciding, I stare at my closet and go through a few questions in my mind:

What will the temperature be?

Pants or skirt?

and then the most difficult:
What do I feel like wearing?



Ah yes, there, in that last, lies the rub. And there I can empathize with Daisy, my latest heroine. She has a shopping addition which threatens all she holds dear in the world. So she has to learn to deal and overcome it. As for me, I'm holding off going to the sales. The urge to acquire something new will soon fade!

Some authors like to write in their p.j.s The occasional few get dressed up as if for the office. Me, I'm somewhere in the middle. It's not good for my mental health if I feel too slumpy. On the other hand, I don't like to be formal. But it's nice to feel nice, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment