Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Quetions

Have you noticed how many questions there are around these days? It seems to me we're always asking small children questions. Do you want this or that? Shall we go here or there? I don't want to get into how we're forcing them into decisions which could cause stress because that's a whole 'nother subject. Sad to say, I fall into the trap and catch myself asking my grandson to make choices.

But more than this, we adults are also turning statements into questions, as if asking for affirmation, or maybe it's to be inclusive. You know the kind of thing "There's a new traffic light on XYZ street?"

Not that I have anything against questions per se. In fact, I think it's a good thing to carry questions whether they concern a present situation or a whole life. Generally I live with quite a few. Sometimes I get the answers, sometimes I forget the more trivial questions, and probably a few of my more important ones will remain unanswered in this lifetime. And that's okay.

To end this post, here's a poser: If all things in life are ephemeral, except for the internet, how's that going to affect our future evolution?

No comments:

Post a Comment