Saturday, August 15, 2009

The results of a wet July

For the first time in my entire life I'm wondering if it's worth having a garden -- flower and veggie. At the moment our garden is full of flowers and full of beans, and I hesitate to go out there, let alone pick anything. The trouble is, the mosquitoes seem to think all these plants belong to them and send their special attack forces out the moment they see me creeping across the grass, hoping to take them unawares.

They don't give my husband quite such a hard time and he says 'sorry to say it, but I'm glad they prefer you'. My daughter-in-law has a theory. She believes us O negative blood types are more tasty for the mozzies. She could well be right!

Anyhow, I'm still hoping this spell of very hot weather will kill some of them off and make the rest retreat, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment