Sunday, July 26, 2009

More on my mind

A doctor once said to me (via Rudolf Steiner), 'The future is built on sacrifice'. It's a statement that comes into my mind from time to time especially as, recently, I've been immersed in a kind of sacrifice. This is because I'm swamped, trying to adjust to giving daycare to my two small grandsons.

A friend of mine adores moving, renovating and redecorating houses. That's not going to happen again for her because her much younger sister and her partner stay in a cottage on the property where she lives now, and they wouldn't be able to afford other accommodation. Now, what's happened? Over the years the two sisters have formed a close and loving relationship, something that didn't really develop in their earlier lives. This is will endure, be of value and work into the future in a good way.

So I wondered... Do you have any such examples to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment