Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A bit of a shock

Yes, it's quite hard, slipping back into my life after so many weeks away. However, I'm gathering up more threads every day, which is both good and bad. Why, I wonder, is there so much going on in our lives today?

I'm re-establishing my daily constitutional, which helps keep me a little sane (I hope). Spring gave me the gift of mild air for my evening walk yesterday. But, strolling back in the twilight, something awful happened. I looked up at the expanse of deep, cerulean sky, and saw what I took to be the headlight of a plane. Then I realised -- this was no aircraft. It was a star!

I felt terrible about my misperception, shocked at the way the man-made is impinging on the natural in my mind. But after gazing at that bright, shining planet -- actually Saturn, as I discovered -- for a while, I switched the sensation around. I felt again the wonder that such a phenomenon exists, that we can look at the heavens towards twilight time and see these jewels of the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment